Barrie AAA ZONE is now accepting coaching applications for our U10 to U18 teams for 2023-2024 season.
Application Deadline: January 4, 2023 at 12 PM (noon)
The Barrie AAA Zone Hockey Association Head Coach Selection Committee will evaluate all applications. Only applicants evaluated as suitable candidates by the committee will be offered an interview. Interviews, if offered, will begin in mid-January.
• Applicants must hold a current and valid OMHA recognized hockey coaching certificate.
• The selection process and interviews will be conducted by the Head Coach Selection Committee
• Applicant’s name will be divulged to Association Executive and Head Coach Selection Committee members.
• All successful applicants must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check (CRC) and be willing to commit to the entire season upon acceptance of the team. Entire season includes other vital and necessary activities such as tryouts and August practices (specific time frames to be determined).
• All Applicants for U14 (minor bantam) and above must be HP1 trained or certified prior to the season start in September 2023.
• All Applicants should also attach a Hockey Resume.
• All Applicants with a child that is an immediate family member that would like to attend their age group tryouts must supply 3 (three) player skill references with their application. This form is located on our website under documents and is named 'Player Skills Assessment Form'.
• “Out of Zone” applicants will only be considered for an interview if there is no suitable 'In Zone' applicants.
• The Barrie AAA ZONE reserves the right to place suitable applicants in appropriate positions.
Suitable applicants will be contacted in early-mid January if they are invited to an interview with us. Interviews will be conducted during the week of January 23-29, 2023.
Thank you once again for your application.
Please click here to access the application form:
2023-2024 Coaching Application Form